Saturday, January 23, 2010

hell freezes over


This past week we were battered by thunder, hail, flooding, and snow of all things. This is the first morning all week that we woke up to clear skies, but very cool temp. As Jeff likes to say, it was a balmy 54 degrees in our room when we woke up this morning. Definitely a down side to the floor to ceiling windows throughout the house.

I've got a few things to take care of in this blog post. First item is a happy birthday shout out to Mister Scott C Hayes. Happy Birthday, man. We wish we could celebrate with you. Cheers (as I raise my coffee mug to you). We hope to see you in these parts very very soon. Keep checking the Southwest deals, and we'll wait for you curbside in Burbank anytime. Really, get on it!

Next item of business is to post some pictures of the house. See, Ashley, your comments are much appreciated! We're so glad that we've got a devoted friend that still reads our blog. Do you know if the next bun is a boy or girl yet??

Front door.

Side door where the milk is delivered.

Jeff hacked that media cabinet from a vertical Ikea shelving unit that he turned on its side, added some hairpin legs and some walnut sliders. Not bad at eh?


Master bath with heath tile accent wall.

2nd bathroom.



Last agenda item is to share some mostly unflattering, but current photos of the family. Obviously, we enjoy Photo Booth just a little too much. Every 2-3 years or so I get the burning urge to change my "look" and end up cutting some bangs. Then I regret it as soon as the hair hits the floor. This exact thing happened about a week ago.


Jeff decided it was time to take the quintessential coy myspace profile shot.

I thought it was a great idea.

But then the urge to be lame again proved overwhelming.



One more thing: I made pho from scratch for Christmas dinner this year, oxtails and all. It took hours, but was totally worth it.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

How lame is it that I am commenting only hours after you posted. I need to get a life, but really... I feel honored. Your place looks amazing. You guys are too cool for your own good. Your home has such fantastic style. And by the way, I love your bangs. Yours too Jeff. :)

Holly said...

I love your house! I want to come visit. And how crazy is it that you have snow in the mountains?! Keep up the blog posts, I love 'em.

Keika Lee said...

Gorgeous place Jeffriet! You guys have spectacular taste!!!

Lor said...

Nice digs! They could shoot an episode of Mad Men at your place.

Happy Brithday Scott, hope you had something better than a bagel bite to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Your house is absolutely beautiful. How can you possibly have kids there? Do you keep them in some crappy room in the back? :)

J-Ha said...

we put 'em in the water heater closet so they stay warm.