Saturday, May 31, 2008

Something Strange. . .

hi everyone, its me, Jeff.
I had a dream that Ruby was a mechanical duck. She was crying, so I picked her up to comfort her, and suddenly she was a duck. Then I found a little opening in the skin at the back of her little ducky neck. I peeled it open to look inside, and saw lots of gears turning. "Harriet!" I said, "come look at this! Did you know that Ruby is a mechanical duck!?" The fact that she was a duck didn't seem that surprising, but we were shocked that she turned out to be, essentially, a wind-up toy. How did this happen? How did we never notice before? This changes everything -- i mean, do we still raise her to adulthood? Send her to prom? Pay for her college someday? It seems so foolish to continue... yet we've grown to love her so much, how can we stop? Grandma Joan really looks forward to seeing pictures of her on our blog! I don't have the heart to tell her!

and then I woke up very relieved, and picked Ruby up and hugged and kissed her a lot.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Jeff, You have weird dreams like me! When I was pregnant with Caleb I had a dream I laid duck eggs, but instead of ducklings coming out of the shells, they were puppies. Did you work on Kung Fu Panda? I can't tell you how excited Caleb is to see that movie.

Ashley said...

This was seriously the funniest dream I have ever heard. Jeff, your funny.